NERVOUS BREAKDOWNS: THE ART OF LESEAN THOMAS VOL.1

Vous pouvez y parler de tout
Den X
Couteau Suisse

Message par Den X »

LeSeanThomas > Ok excuse me, I though you were'nt interested in our comments.
So... let's try it in english this time.

-I think the cover is kind of crap compared to the contents. But It's subjective I guess...
-I don't really understand what realistic nude sketches are doing in the middle of these "funky" character designs. Just for filling pages or else ? Image
Understand that I wasn't expecting this kind of stuff in your works. It's not so negative.
-Last point. Some of your characters are really similar with lots of well known games/animated shows designs.
It bothers me somewhat but I have to admit that globaly you're a monstrously talented guy.
At the end, I was just telling that If I had money to, I'll buy this book. But for now, I'm broke... Image

Sorry, it's the best translation I could make.

NeozooM
Otaking !

Message par NeozooM »

LeSeanThomas a écrit :
ganesh2 a écrit :All jokes aside , I cannot blame him for the auto-promotion thing.

I would have never read about him if he wasn't promoting here.

Are there more people able to pretend that they would have buy his book without this promotion ?
+10 for Ganesh2 :kbisou:

mdr quel... :kpfff: :kbisou:
l'est trop fort.. vive les amerlocs
"J'suis ptêt un connard mais pas un enculé. " adéo

ganesh2
Mozinor du pauvre

Message par ganesh2 »

NeozooM a écrit :
LeSeanThomas a écrit :
ganesh2 a écrit :All jokes aside , I cannot blame him for the auto-promotion thing.

I would have never read about him if he wasn't promoting here.

Are there more people able to pretend that they would have buy his book without this promotion ?
+10 for Ganesh2 :kbisou:

mdr quel... :kpfff: :kbisou:
l'est trop fort.. vive les amerlocs
haha , you are funny. You see that , guys , he's laughing. Tell us why , then.

LeSeanThomas
Intervenant valeureux :)

Message par LeSeanThomas »

Den X a écrit :LeSeanThomas > Ok excuse me, I though you were'nt interested in our comments.
So... let's try it in english this time.
i'm better at English, thanks for being considerate.
Den X a écrit :-I think the cover is kind of crap compared to the contents. But It's subjective I guess...
oh come on now, are you REALLY sincere in your opinion? insults disguised as sarcasm while trying to pass it off as being "subjective" criticism is getting old on forums. And in person, would we REALLY be talking to eachother this way? I'd rather be your E-buddy. its much easier. :kbisou:
Den X a écrit :-I don't really understand what realistic nude sketches are doing in the middle of these "funky" character designs.

I'm trying to make a SANDWICH.
Den X a écrit :just for filling pages or else ? Image
Seriously, tho, the images posted were intended to show the types of RANGES of sketches showcased in the book. The book covers various things i've drawn in the last decade. The theme is "there is no theme." And filling a "sketchbook" with random "pages" of random "sketches", isnt that the PURPOSE of a "sketchbook?" :kinterro:

I only know what i know. i cant pretend to try and meet everyone's predisposed expectations of what "sketchbook" formatting requirements should be. I am only human.

Den X a écrit :Understand that I wasn't expecting this kind of stuff in your works. It's not so negative.
I completely, and whole heartedly OVERSTAND that point.:kgrin:

Den X a écrit :-Last point. Some of your characters are really similar with lots of well known games/animated shows designs.
It's probably because i've done COMMISIONS for other people, have WORKED on those shows or, not unlike everyone else here like yourself who appears to be far more original than i am, is a FAN. that might explain why they are in my book. And they are there soleyt for educational purposes,lol.
Den X a écrit :It bothers me somewhat
thanks for that info... i'll try to find a way to use that to my benefit ...some how.
Den X a écrit :but I have to admit that globaly you're a monstrously talented guy.
FINALLY, something we can BOTH agree on in this post.lol :kbisou:
Den X a écrit :At the end, I was just telling that If I had money to, I'll buy this book. But for now, I'm broke... Image

Sorry, it's the best translation I could make.

not a problem dude. All joking aside, i'm not new to forums, i've got VERY thick skin and can take a joke and have my own forums. I make fun of myself constantly.

80% percent of ALL misunderstood communication on WEB FORUMS are from NOOBS (like me!) trying to adapt to the rules and "sensitive," "agressive" " E-personalities" that exist before they were members.

we all tend to misunderstand eachother on these crazy forums we attempt to communicate on. Its usually better to talk in person but alas, keyboards will just have to do for now.

so no offense given, no offense taken!

i hope you can someday afford it, and own it. and upon viewing all the pages, will have a more educated opinion. until then.... Let's DRAW! :kgrin:
Modifié en dernier par LeSeanThomas le ven. 26 mai 2006, 1:23, modifié 7 fois.

yak
Newtype!!!

Message par yak »

woah putain, on dirait la suite de cannon buster, c'est ça, hein ?
GOD FINGER!!!!

Narou

Message par Narou »

Hum 400 pages pour 40 euro c'est un bon prix je trouve et puis les dessins de Mr T. on quand même de la gueule... et puis tant que c'est pour qu'il mange ça va quoi, c'est pas comme si c'était le grand boss d'universal qui ferait de la promotion pour ses cd ou autre ....
et puis en amerique ils sont un peu business sur les bords
:kgrin:

hidro.j
Otaking !

Message par hidro.j »

LeSean qui parle le françois..

ptain ça casse un peu le mythe quand meme :kgrin: ..j'ai l'impression qu'il dessine moins bien du coup ..

I love bocoup arkanium et canonbuster too.

..voilou
/////****>> Pokéman Ga, c'est diabolique ça transforme les enfants!<<****/////

jesus_kryst
Otaking !

Message par jesus_kryst »

great work mister thomas .it is not the 1st time your commercial way of selling your book have been pinpoint ,i guess you are used to it and in a same time you are provoking yourself those kind of reaction .

i hope you ll give us the 2nd part of cannonbuster one day and that you wont play us a trick , madureira style .

wanted to add that the "boondocks" is truely an amazing show never seen anything like that before ,in france cartoon series are only ment for children it is refreshing to see that it can be for adults sometimes .

LeSeanThomas

jesus_kryst a écrit :great work mister thomas .it is not the 1st time your commercial way of selling your book have been pinpoint ,i guess you are used to it and in a same time you are provoking yourself those kind of reaction .

Thanks Mr.Nazareth! :kclindoeil: when one relies on his sole talent & skills alone to keep the lights on and put food on the table such as myself, "provoking" negative reaction is the least of my concerns. In fact, i find that often, its the ones who ARENT hustling hard, that are the first to criticize the methods on "how to do it." :kgrin:
jesus_kryst a écrit :i hope you ll give us the 2nd part of cannonbuster one day and that you wont play us a trick , madureira style .
It's coming SOON! Only hard-core fans who hold silly grudges are still using "joe Madureira" comparisons to define an independent artists career path, lol. It's been almost 10 years Since Mad! quit Battlechasers. let it go already, haha. I'd rather be to blame of tricking you "lesean-style." :kclindoeil:

Also, i have good reasons why cannonbusters is currenty being produced as a graphic novel now. You've been watching that reason on cable for some time now, lol.
jesus_kryst a écrit :wanted to add that the "boondocks" is truely an amazing show never seen anything like that before ,in france cartoon series are only ment for children it is refreshing to see that it can be for adults sometimes .

Thanks you sir. That is my dream and goal. To be able to continue to help contribute something "unique" in animation and comics here in the states. I'm blessed to be a part of such a team at Sony and lend my talents in such a manner. I cant bother myself with people who dont chose to think outside the box. The boondocks isnt for everybody. And even at its worst, it challenges the way we think about eacchother and races through satire and social commentary. I"m glad you think about it the way i do. I'm just dong what i think any smart person would do.

:kgrin: :kclindoeil:

Den X
Couteau Suisse

Message par Den X »

You're right, a sketchbook is made of various types of drawings.
I was just surprised to see this drawing lost in your sample pages.
For the rest, I still keep my opinions. Turning all into Joke won't help.
LeSeanThomas a écrit :
Den X a écrit :-I think the cover is kind of crap compared to the contents. But It's subjective I guess...
oh come on now, are you REALLY sincere in your opinion? insults disguised as sarcasm while trying to pass it off as being "subjective" criticism is getting old on forums. And in person, would we REALLY be talking to eachother this way? I'd rather be your E-buddy. its much easier. :kbisou:
Believe me, I would. :kclindoeil:

koneko
n00bivore

Message par koneko »

Yeah, seems like you're pretty unaware of how things work on this forum... there are no moderators, everyone's pretty free to be a bitch. That's what's cool here, because we don't lick each other's balls : if something really sucks about one's drawings or one's behavior, we just flat out slap it to their faces.
Do you know any better way to stay humble?

So dude, that's absolutely NOT flaming; that's crude honesty out of kindness :kfcharme:
The hammer's my penis...(Captain Hammer)

Fikey
Otaking !

Message par Fikey »

lesean thomas>sorry guy ,I didn't mean to hurt you... I was pointing to my e-buddies that I don't agree with the manner of doing it (in fact my e-buddies are french ,that's why I wrote in this language)....and I was not insulting you

we all agree you're very talented ....but I don't know ,it's bothering me that you come here 2 times for selling something (maybe because of my cultur or something like that)....at least ,this post made you came back and talk with us

anyway, I really like your work and I hope you will success in your dreams

benky
Mini Yakuz

Message par benky »

when I would receive my book?:kinterro: I bought it yesterday on your site

http://www.leseanthomas.com/shop/store.html

PEACE :kniko:
PEACE and LOVE

BenkY site web!!!!
http://benkyosuno.blogspot.com

bistroboy
Fesse gauche

Message par bistroboy »

benky>>ça c'est toi qui doit le savoir,quand t'as payer t'as pris quoi comme tarifs pour l'envoi

si t'as pris l'international standard ça peut varier entre un mois et quinze jours

si t'as pris express alors d'ici une semaine il est chez toi

LeSeanThomas

benky a écrit :when I would receive my book?:kinterro: I bought it yesterday on your site

http://www.leseanthomas.com/shop/store.html

PEACE :kniko:
it depends.

Which version did you purchase? the standard edition? or the *DELUX* editon?

-Standard version is $40. you also have a choice of shipping methods which tells you how long it will take (you need to register with lulu.com which is easy, free and simple)

-but it sounds like it was the delux edition( i dont have my paypal open at the moment) . And since *DELUX* editions include an awesome drawing by me, you will get yours in the order of dated purchase. right now i have about 18 pending orders that in the process of being fufilled before you. so i would say in a couple weeks. ( i can only draw but so fast) :kniko:

but, feel free to email me on updates. thanks ! :kgrin:

Répondre