ART DUMP *UPDATED 6/14/06*!!!!

Dessin - Espace destiné a vos créations
Répondre
LeSeanThomas
Intervenant valeureux :)

Message par LeSeanThomas »

some more doodles...

Image The Boondocks! SUNDAYS @ 11PM on Adult Swim!!

joel
The king of posters

Message par joel »

i love this girl :kfbeuh:

you ink with what?

Den X
Couteau Suisse

Message par Den X »

Mhmm... Usually, I love your stuff but here with the last one it's the same with the girl on your book's cover, I don't like it.
I wonder why... maybe it's the cleaning method... ? or the type of character ?

Weird.
I prefer your common punchy drawings or even realistic nude sketches. Image

LeSeanThomas

haha! thanks! there is no accounting for tastes. the world is like a box of chocoaltes, lol. to each his/her own. thanks for looking! :kgrin:

MERCIKI
The king of posters

Message par MERCIKI »

LeSeanThomas a écrit : ?english? :kinterro:
KERMICI a écrit :Just received my (damaged , no news from lulu yet) copy this morning.
With that price it would be stupid to pass on it, the book is loaded.
2 regrets: some art have not been cleaned (finger traces, ruffled paper), but as you said its a selfmade and publish Sketchbook so thats ok.
There is no theme or chronology, old stuff are mixed with new things
(i have some Cannonbuster art all over the book randomly, the layout of phily per exemple is repeated several times and not in chronology, normal?)
Is it intentional?
LeSeanThomas a écrit :
KERMICI a écrit : Do you know an artist named Young Gi Yoon?
Yes. Mr. Young Yoon was a storyboard artist freelancing with us on The Boondocks Tv show last year. he is INSANE! he makes me cry whenever he hands in work because he's so GOOD! He's pretty famous (for Wonderful Days as animation director most recently). how do you know him?
KERMICI a écrit :Do you know if he as a website or anyother stuff online (i couldn't find anything on him) ?
Am i talking to the hand? :kinterro:

As for Monet, i dig the murata style outfit but there's something weird about the eyes...
Modifié en dernier par MERCIKI le lun. 19 juin 2006, 21:27, modifié 3 fois.

Den X
Couteau Suisse

Message par Den X »

LeSean > Yup, don't take it too serously.
I just think on my own that it's not the best you can do.

Could we see the rough version ? :kfcharme:

LeSeanThomas

no worries, man :kgrin:

do i sound defensive. sometimes i come off that way. i dont mean too. keyboard conversations on a forum thats a foreign language isnt perfect. :kpfff:

MERCIKI
The king of posters

Message par MERCIKI »

Ok, so I AM actually talking to the hand... :kbof:

LeSeanThomas

NO! lol:kgrossecolere: :kgrin:

internet sucks sometimes. I have no problems with anyone here. i just think people take me the wrong way when i speak for my art. they think i can't take criticism when all i'm really doing is talking about why i do what i do.

oh well. :kniko:

thanks for the compliments!

MERCIKI
The king of posters

Message par MERCIKI »

I wasn't refering to your reaction to the critics (ur cool that's what i understand) but to my questions left unanswered (4 posts above, questions in red).

Mr vincent
Hannibal posteur

Message par Mr vincent »

Oy,

Nice life drawings mate, especially the last one.
Looking at them I think I know why I don't like the "cartoony" one.The pose she's striking is full of parallelism which usually doesn't look so good...( like both hands with the same very complicated and (somehow) awkward)

This drawing doesn't look like it means something either...I can't tell what she's doing nor thinking.I guess you started it without knowing where it would end up.This is not a bad thing though, sure you can end up with nice drawings....but meaningless...no story,no emotion for the viewer. I actually have had this feeling with loads of you drawings and er...I don't know...maybe if when you start a drawing you just take 5 minutes to think about what message/idea/feeling you'd like to communicate (even the most insignificant one), this would take your art to a whole new level, don't you think?

I personnaly think that's one of the main differences between good and great artists.

(sorry for any english or spelling mistakes)

kipidup kipidup
Il n'y a que dans les dessins animés que l'on voit des pingouins joyeux.
[Andreï Kourkov]

LeSeanThomas

Mr vincent a écrit :
This drawing doesn't look like it means something either...I can't tell what she's doing nor thinking.I guess you started it without knowing where it would end up.This is not a bad thing though, sure you can end up with nice drawings....but meaningless...no story,no emotion for the viewer. I actually have had this feeling with loads of you drawings and er...I don't know...maybe if when you start a drawing you just take 5 minutes to think about what message/idea/feeling you'd like to communicate (even the most insignificant one), this would take your art to a whole new level, don't you think?

I personnaly think that's one of the main differences between good and great artists.

(sorry for any english or spelling mistakes)

kipidup kipidup

Thanks! and I personally think (and thank's GOD) that art is entirely subjective and that there's no accounting for taste, hee, hee! :kbisou:

MERCIKI
The king of posters

Message par MERCIKI »

Just in case i am asking my questions again:

About Nervous breakdown:
There is no theme or chronology, old stuff are mixed with new things,
Cannonbuster arts are all over the book randomly (per exemple the layout of phily with his gun is repeated several times in my copy and not even in chronology, is it normal? Is it intentional?

About Young Gi Yoon:
Do you know if he as a website or any other stuff online (i couldn't find anything on him) ?

Oh! And your art is beautiful...

Mr vincent
Hannibal posteur

Message par Mr vincent »

LeSeanThomas a écrit :Thanks! and I personally think (and thank's GOD) that art is entirely subjective and that there's no accounting for taste, hee, hee! :kbisou:
houuu y commence a me plaire celui-la... :kfatigue:

Did I miss something?
I'm not talking about my taste here...nor am I talking about your skills which are good.You can draw, there's no doubt about it.
I was just submitting the idea that a next step for you, when you are not drawing for a comics with a story, would be to try and bring a mood,a feeling,a particular emotion in any of your drawing.Doesn't it sounds like a good idea?
That's why I try to do and I thought that maybe you would be interested by my suggestion....just look at those two girls with the big lips, did you try to say something about them?If so,maybe my perception of things is different,and I would be really interested in what was your idea behind those drawing (I'm giving a precise exemple so you can answer precisely).

But why the crap about my taste!!!!!!!!!!?????????? Does one has to like or "love" a piece of art to understand it ,to feel something about it?Well this starts to be a bit philosophycal I'm afraid....but the twist in your answer is so basic and out off topic that I'd like to get things clear really...

And what about my first point you know? about the girl?.....wasn'it interesting enough? parallelism and stuff......even if you don't agree you could at least say something about it....just out of respect for those who take the time to answer.....I actually had a look at the rest of your thread as I was kind of "surprised" by your answer...and I 've seen that you don't really answer does kind a questions....I've seen that you actually always answer the way you answered me......tastes and blablabla.....

So tell me lesean thomas......WHY ARE YOU POSTING ON THIS FORUM?

Are you only interested in people telling you how great you are?(which I start to believe) And you just ignore those pretentious enough to give you there opinion (not even their tastes) about your work ? (and we do that in english just for you by the way...).or maybe to sell what you have to sell and no more? (eventhough I have no problem with advertising on a forum)

Yeah it's true I'm taking a bit of a piss here but looking at all your comments it does piss me off.

This is really long and in YOUR language so please try to write a proper answer and let's make things interesting. :kniko:
Il n'y a que dans les dessins animés que l'on voit des pingouins joyeux.
[Andreï Kourkov]

LeSeanThomas

Mr vincent a écrit :
LeSeanThomas a écrit :Thanks! and I personally think (and thank's GOD) that art is entirely subjective and that there's no accounting for taste, hee, hee! :kbisou:
houuu y commence a me plaire celui-la... :kfatigue:

Did I miss something?
I'm not talking about my taste here...nor am I talking about your skills which are good.You can draw, there's no doubt about it.
I was just submitting the idea that a next step for you, when you are not drawing for a comics with a story, would be to try and bring a mood,a feeling,a particular emotion in any of your drawing.Doesn't it sounds like a good idea?
That's why I try to do and I thought that maybe you would be interested by my suggestion....just look at those two girls with the big lips, did you try to say something about them?If so,maybe my perception of things is different,and I would be really interested in what was your idea behind those drawing (I'm giving a precise exemple so you can answer precisely).

But why the crap about my taste!!!!!!!!!!?????????? Does one has to like or "love" a piece of art to understand it ,to feel something about it?Well this starts to be a bit philosophycal I'm afraid....but the twist in your answer is so basic and out off topic that I'd like to get things clear really...

And what about my first point you know? about the girl?.....wasn'it interesting enough? parallelism and stuff......even if you don't agree you could at least say something about it....just out of respect for those who take the time to answer.....I actually had a look at the rest of your thread as I was kind of "surprised" by your answer...and I 've seen that you don't really answer does kind a questions....I've seen that you actually always answer the way you answered me......tastes and blablabla.....

So tell me lesean thomas......WHY ARE YOU POSTING ON THIS FORUM?

Are you only interested in people telling you how great you are?(which I start to believe) And you just ignore those pretentious enough to give you there opinion (not even their tastes) about your work ? (and we do that in english just for you by the way...).or maybe to sell what you have to sell and no more? (eventhough I have no problem with advertising on a forum)

Yeah it's true I'm taking a bit of a piss here but looking at all your comments it does piss me off.

This is really long and in YOUR language so please try to write a proper answer and let's make things interesting. :kniko:
More of a question, really. Does anyone think its really that important for me to respond to this guy here? I'm not here to argue. I'm not even taking you seriously. I'm here to post art and mingle.

The solution is simple: you like what you like. i like what i like. we both have our opinions. lets agree to disagree and move on.

Thanks for your thoughts and opinions and for watching! :kpfff:

Répondre